Sometimes being a mom can be daunting. You get caught up in the daily rut and your schedules and chores revolve around your child’s school, feeding, napping, and play routine. By the time it’s time to put your child to bed at night, the tiredness seems to catch up on you and results in you requiring a much-needed break.
Honestly, nothing is wrong with you needing some time off since your whole day revolves around your children. Here are a few movies that will help you unwind and take your mind off things for a couple of hours. These movies don’t only help you distress but also teach you a thing or two about motherhood and parenting.
If you’re a mom who’s looking to have a good time after putting your child to bed, then you’ll be able to enjoy the following movies:
- Bird Box: if you’re the type who enjoys horror films, you must watch Bird Box, it’s a story of a mother who’s trying to get her two children to a safe place in a desperate dystopian world. It’s definitely not for the faint-hearted. If you can take a little thrill, this might be the right pick for you.
- Otherhood: A popular comedy movie called Otherhood, is undoubtedly set to make you laugh out all your mommy exhaustion and have a fun time. The storyline revolves around 3 moms who feel neglected by their children and decide to pay a surprise visit to their children on Mother’s Day. It’s a soulful movie for moms, it depicts life right after motherhood and calls it Otherhood.
- The Switch: This movie stars my favorite, Jennifer Anniston, and is an absolute delight to watch. It’s set in New York, where 2 single friends are living their metropolitan lives. Kassie played by Jen wants to have a baby and needs to do something about it. It’s a film that’ll make you feel all warm on fuzzy. It definitely made me feel good.
- Fun Mom Dinner: Sleepovers and a nighttime full of fun are not only for kids but even for their moms. Call up your mom friends and have a movie marathon with them, because this movie is simply not something that you’d want to watch alone. With kids going to the same preschool, moms make a connection and decide to have a fun casual dinner on a school night, initially looking like a disaster and after many twists and turns, the feast finally begins and turns out to be one of the most fun nights for the moms. Soon, the moms realise they have more in common with each other than just their children.
- Mother’s Day: This rom-com is definitely set to amuse you in no time. If you’re looking to watch something different and fun then your search ends here. The plot revolves around multiple stories that ultimately intersect on Mother’s Day. With Julia Roberts, Kate Hudson, and Jennifer Anniston in lead roles, you definitely cannot miss watching this movie.
If you’re a mommy, I’m sure your life must be tiring and little thieves must be stealing all your time. We’ve jotted down this curated list, just for you to feel uplifted and release all the tensions and exhaustion.
So, be it a weekend binge session with your partner, breastfeeding time, or a random Wednesday night, don’t forget to tune into Netflix and enjoy these movies!