The Romantics is taking the internet by storm. It was released on Valentine’s Day and was the perfect fix for all heartless romantics, me being one of them! The show took us back to the legacy of Yash Chopra and the works of Aditya Chopra over the years. Here are some interesting confessions I came across, that you need to get your hands on…
Check out the trailer of this four-part series that is now out on Netflix,
1. Shah Rukh Khan was never keen to do DDLJ, he wanted to become an action hero
Did you know that the King Of Romance never wanted to become a romantic hero, he always wanted to be the ultimate action hero. Little did he know, Pathaan would make up for that and how!
2. SRK’s stammering in Darr was plugged in to make the audience aware of the sound, especially when he said his lover Kiran’s name
Aditya Chopra talks about how Shah Rukh did some little study, some BBC documentary where they talked about how people’s minds become aware of one sound, and it’s like a sharp current. So he suggested, making him aware of the woman he loves the most, her name. So, he only stammered on the word Kiran. It was just for that one word because he was so aware of
3. Hrithik Roshan reveals that Aditya Chopra was a much better dancer than him back in the days
Hrithik revealed that Aditya Chopra was a much better dancer back in the days when they were young. The footage from the days was however not shared in the documentary, would love to take a peek at those one day.
4. Sooraj Barjatya took Aditya Chopra’s advice on cutting down two and a half songs in ‘Hum Aapke Hai Koun’ and that saved the film
Here’s when Sooraj Bharjatya realized that Aditya Chopra is going to go a long way. When working on the edit of Hum Aapke Hai Koun, a young Aditya Chopra suggested that two and a half songs from the film be cut out, to make it work. Sooraj took up that advice and the film did phenomenally well at the box office.
5. Rishi Kapoor reveals how he did not want to do Kabhi Kabhie because he wanted to take up Neetu Kapoor’s role instead
Did you know, that Rishi Kapoor was reluctant to take up one of his most iconic roles? He wanted to take up Neetu Kapoor‘s role in Kabhi Kabhie because he thought it was more prominent than his. He even asked Yash Chopra to turn Neetu’s role into one that would fit him.
6. Juhi Chawla was surprised when Yash Chopra asked her to star in Darr and be a YRF heroine
Juhi Chawla shared that when Yash Chopra called her for her role alongside Shah Rukh and Sunny Deol in Darr, she was surprised. She couldn’t believe that he had just asked her to become a YRF heroine.
A lot more is revealed on Netflix’s The Romantics. A must-watch for every Bollywood fanatic. Or must I say, a must-watch for every Hindi cinema fanatic.