If it wasn’t for men like Levi Strauss, we would not have the one article of clothing we literally live in. In 1853 Levi started his denim jeans manufacturing company, and the rest, really, is history. Many may not know, but jeans were first worn as work clothing, and needed to be durable and strong. Levi, being the front runner in the denim industry at the time, perfected this problem by using (what I call) common sense technology.
The patented ‘arcuate’ stitching on the back pocket, was to stop the pockets from stretching and sagging. In fact, during the World War, when thread was scarce, Levi didn’t want to give up the tradition of this stitching, so he had the stitch lines painted on each pocket! Plus, you know the little metal rivets you see on your jeans, they aren’t decorative. They are placed in stress areas of the jeans, so that the don’t wear out easy. Smart solution like these, are what has made the Jean last through the years, as our favourite piece of clothing. Thanks Levi and happy birthday.
- Singer Kailash Kher to Play Cricket?
- Shilpa Shetty Buys Her Son a Lamborghini!
- Exclusive: Sonam Kapoor Rocks 50′s Chic for a New Advertisement
- Mika Singh, Kailash Kher, Ram Sampath Are Graphic Fukrey’s
- Prateik’s Playing With Fire!
- La Bella Donna: Sonam Kapoor Oozes Sex Appeal
- Ramp to Reality: Aditi Rao Hydari Goes Backless in Arpan Vohra
- Saif Ali Khan Heads to Harrod’s
- Wanna Hear a Song That’s Killing it Right Now?
- Farah Khan Ali’s Facebook Sunshine