John Abraham, Prince Michael of Kent add Glamour to the Third Cartier Travel with Style Concours d’Elégance
Sunday afternoon saw the cream of Indian Royalty gather at the lawns of the Taj Land’s End Hotel in Mumbai for The Third Cartier Travel with Style Concours d’Elégance 2013 – an extravagant exhibition of vintage cars and motorbikes, many of which are owned by the former erstwhile Royal families of India.
Curated by the highly respected Indian automotive expert - His Highness Manvendra Singh of Barwani - and orchestrated by car aficionado and HRH The Duchess of Cornwall’s brother, Mark Shand, the Cartier Concours d’Elégance showcases some of the rarest and best-preserved vintage automobiles from across India. Among the famous judges was Prince Michael of Kent, cousin of Queen Elizabeth II.
Enjoying the chilled champagne, lavish luncheon and taking in the dazzling vintage beauties were John Abraham, Gautam Singhania, Natasha and Adar Poonawalla, Praful and Poorna Patel, Sabyasachi Mukherjee, Nisha Jamwal, Adi and Uma Dubash, Arjun Khanna, Sushma Reddy, Dipali Goenka,Amrita Puri, Pria Kataria Puri, Komal Wazir, Maria Goretti, Narendra Kumar, Haseena Jethmalani, Rita Dhody, Reshma Bombaywala, Satish and Madhoo Shah, Meera Zaveri, Puru Rajkumar, Yuvrani Sangita Sinh of Kathiwada, Gauri Pohoomul, VJ’s Yudisthir & Ramona and Monica Vazirali.
The Best Car of the show was Rolls Royce 1935 Phantom II owned by HH Maharaja Gaj Singhj II of Jodhpur.
The Best Motorcycle of the show was the Indian 1915 Model owned by Subodh Nath.
Pix: Ranjit Rodricks for MissMalini
- Ishkq in Paris is Inspired by Preity Zinta’s Life
- Exclusive: Vijay Verma & Raghav Sachar’s Cannes Photo Diary II
- Sonakshi Sinha Takes Lessons from Salman Khan!
- 10 Things to Look Out for in The Reluctant Fundamentalist
- Shankar Mahadevan Pledges to Fight Malnutrition
- Photos: Ranbir Kapoor & Deepika Padukone Get Close Up.
- The Anatomy of Luck. (And How to Get Laid!)
- Get This Look: Shaheen Abbas in ASOS and Alexander McQueen
- Behind the Scenes: Alia Bhatt & Imtiaz Ali Shoot in Picturesque Kashmir for ‘Highway’
- A Week in the Life of MissMalini.com