Wanna see what Deepika Padukone looked like as a little girl? Well there’s a picture floating around on Facebook today of her whole family back when she was little, and it’s awfully cute! Seems to me miss DP was quite a stylish kid growing up. Plus here are a few little known facts about the dimpled wonder that you probably didn’t know…
1. Deepika was born in Copenhagen (Denmark) on January 5th, 1986 to badminton legend Prakash Padukone.
2. Her family moved to Bangalore when she was just 11 months old.
3. Deepika’s mother Ujjala Padukone is a travel agent.
4. She played badminton at a state level before pursuing acting.
5. Deepika learned acting under Anupam Kher and dance under Shiamak Davar.
6. Deepika’s first dialogue in Om Shanti Om was “Kutte, kameene! Bhagwan ke liye mujhe chhod de!”
7. Her five favorite movies are Kabhi Kabhie – Love Is Life (1976), Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995), The Color of Paradise (1999), Cinderella Man (2005), and Mary Poppins (1964).
8. Her five favorite songs are Kabhi Kabhie Mere Dil Mein from Kabhi Kabhie – Love Is Life (1976), Pehla Nasha from Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar (1992), Angel by Lionel Richie, Ankhon Mein Teri Ajab Si from Om Shanti Om (2007), and We Are The World by Michael Jackson.
9. Deepika has a younger sister named Anisha Padukone who plays all sports, except badminton.