January Recap: 21 CRAZY Things That Happened In Indian Television!Resham Beri , 02 Feb 2016
The first month of 2016 has been rather eventful for folks from the television industry. New couples, some weddings, dramatic fights, Bigg Boss 9, divorces, arrests, dowry cases – man, January has been eventful!
So here’s a quick recap of what has been up in the telly world in January 2016:
1. Divyanka Tripathi shocked everyone because of her secret engagement with Yeh Hai Mohabbatein co-star, Vivek Dahiya…
Divyanka Tripathi, Vivek Dahiya
Have you read the 9 adorable things Vivek said about Divyanka after the engagement?
While you’re at it, you must also check out this delightful video of the two dancing on Yeh Hai Mohabbatein‘s title track.
2. And Sanaya Irani & Mohit Sehgal made our hearts melt with their crazy yet beautiful Goa wedding!
You have to see these photos of their wedding to know what we’re talking about!
The coolest part about the wedding though, was the fact that we saw everyone from Barun Sobti to Dhrasthi Dhami all at one place for this wedding :)
But she didn’t invite one her closest friends and co-star, Rati Pandey to her wedding. We wonder what went wrong!
3. Gustakh Dil actress, Sana Amin Sheikh also tied the knot with Aijaz Sheikh…
And she went back to working just a day after her wedding. That’s some dedication!
4. What came as a surprise was Ali Merchant’s secret wedding…
Check the deets here.
5. Shabbir Ahluwalia and Kanchi Kaul announced that they are all set to become parents again!
They made the announcement by sharing such a cute picture. It’ll only make you like this couple a lot more!
6. Rahul Mahajan also found love once again…
Rahul Mahajan, Amruta Mane
And shared his future plans with us!
7. While for some it was all love and commitment, Diya Aur Baati star, Anas Rashid shared his fear of commitment and marriage…
Anas Rashid in Diya Aur Baati Hum
Read the full interview here.
8. Parth Samthaan and Vikas Gupta’s story saw another twist and Parth finally made a plea for peace to Vikas…
Vikas Gupta, Parth Samthaan
So Vikas shared this picture of him and Parth and put all accusations against him to rest.
And Parth finally reacted to the photograph and said that he’d like to make peace with his estranged friend.
It’s high time they do actually, we’re quite done with this saga!
9. Rashami Desai broken her silence of her divorce with Nandish Sandhu…
Rashami Desai, Nandish Sandhu
“My Relationship Was Always Abusive!” is what she said!
10. In a bizarre turn of events, Kiku Sharda a.k.a Palak from Comedy Nights With Kapil was arrested for mimicking self-proclaimed god man, Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh Insaan…
This is the video that got him into trouble.
Kiku thought what happened to him was harsh and we completely agree!
His friend and co-actor, Sunil Grover a.k.a Gutthi had the most kickass response to the arrest though.
11. In other news, an FIR was filed against actress, Smita Bansal for dowry harassment!
Here are 5 things she said clarifying her stance.
12. Prince won Bigg Boss 9…
And rightfully dedicated his award to ‘sister’, Kishwer Merchant.
13. Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif came together on Bigg Boss’ stage after 5 years and made us realize why they’re are still such a great couple…
Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif
Here are the 5 cutest Salman Khan- Katrina Kaif moments!
14. While the Bigg Boss 9 contestants were busy partying at Salman Khan’s Panvel farmhouse…
Prince Narula, Rishabh Sinha
There were rumors doing rounds that Prince’s Bigg Boss win was pre-planned, which really broken my heart considering I was praying for #RishabhSinhaForTheWin
You can watch the party video here.
15. One of the Bigg Boss 9 contestants, Digangana Suryavanshi cut her hair for the first time for her ‘bae’!
And she’s done this for the first time in 18 years. No, for real!
16. Talking about bae, Karan Kundra and Anusha Dandekar Twitter PDA made us really happy…
Really, really happy!
17. Another TV couple faked the news of their marriage… Umm!
Sahil Salathia, Shamata Anchan
It was a joke, BTW! Everest‘s Sahil Salathia and Shamata Anchan are doing a Hollywood film, Heartbeats and it was a scene from the film.
18. An era was about to end after news of Karan Mehra quitting Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai started doing rounds…
Although people were anticipating this to be the reason of his exit, Karan thankfully clarified that the news is rubbish!
19. Another show really dear to us came to an end- Comedy Nights With Kapil!
And this video of their last day on sets left us teary eyed.
20. We saw the first episode of Arjun Kapoor’s Khatron Ke Khiladi 7…
Here are the 7 things we loved about the premier episode.
20. We found out the first three couples of Nach Baliye 8…
Some of our favorites are going to show us their dancing chops, but it’s sad that Divyaka and Vivek couldn’t be part of the show. :(
21. And talking of TV couples, Rithvik Dhanjani and Karan Wahi are winning the bromance game!
Karan Wahi & Rithvik Dhanjani
They have these witty nicknames for each other. #WeLove
Which is your favorite of these moments? Share with us!