Here's How Positive Self Affirmations Can Help You Achieve Your GoalsPooja Maheshwary , 13 Aug 2019
Everything that you say to yourself, repeatedly, be it in your mind or out loud, is an affirmation. This self-talk, over time, manifests as a part of who we are. Which basically means, that through our words and thoughts, we are shaping our own identity.
Now, our words to ourselves can be both positive and negative. Often times, unknowingly, we may say things to ourselves, like, ‘I’m not good enough’, or ‘I feel so fat’, etc. This kind of self-talk can create a lot of negativity. Lately, to manifest a positive change in life, positive self-affirmations have grown in popularity. These are more than just feel-good quotes. They are sentences used to affect the mind in such a way that they, in turn, affect our behaviour, thinking patterns, habits, and environment.
Inspired by a conversation we recently had on Malini’s Girl Tribe, I decided to delve further into affirmations and their effects. Read on to know more about this practice!
What are affirmations?
So, an affirmation refers to a statement that can be used to change the core-belief system, influence the mind, and bring about positive changes to one’s attitude. They are used by people to manifest anything from love to money, success, happiness, et al. A statement needs three aspects to be an affirmation:
- It should be in the present tense
- They should be sentences of facts and truths
- They should be relevant
How do affirmations work?
- Motivate oneself
- They help maintain focus
- They influence the subconscious mind and help shift thought-patterns
- They change the way you think and behave
- They make you feel positive, energetic and active
How to start practicing this technique?
- To start off, ensure you have a quiet, private, clean and open space, preferably with plants, to enable good energies to flow.
- Set aside a time every day, and as far as possible, practice saying affirmations at the same time each day.
- Try to do it right before you go to sleep and immediately after you wake up.
- Attune your mind to one thought only. It may be difficult at first, but regular practice would make it better.
- One key aspect to increase the power of affirmations is repetition. Repeat each affirmation for at least three minutes.
- The affirmations may seem like a lie initially, but keep up the faith and maintain the practice.
- At the end, feel grateful as if you already have what you asked for.
- Money comes to me easily and effortlessly.
- Wealth constantly flows into my life.
- I am a magnet for abundance. Prosperity is drawn to me.
- I am able to handle large sums of money.
- Love is my divine birthright, and I claim it now.
- I am very grateful for all the love in my life.
- I effortlessly radiate positive and loving energy.
- I welcome love and all the good it brings into my life.
- I possess the qualities needed to be extremely successful.
- I am superior to negative thoughts.
- My ability to conquer my challenges is limitless; my potential to succeed is infinite.
- I wake up today with strength in my heart and clarity in my mind.
- I am health, strength and vitality.
- I have a beautiful, healthy, happy body.
- I eat food that nourishes and energises me.
- My body is healthy; my mind is brilliant; my soul is tranquil.
Have you tried practicing affirmations? We’d love to know your experience! Please share with us in the comments below.
We often discuss such topics on Malini’s Girl Tribe. To be a part of these conversations, join the Tribe here.