This 3 Ingredient DIY Hair Mask Tamed My Frizzy HairEesha Kokane , 17 Aug 2019
Living in a humid city like Mumbai, frizzy hair is no stranger to me. Over the past few years, I’ve tried everything to control the frizz. From smoothening hair treatments to ridiculously expensive hair serums. These treatments would work well for a few days but then after that, my hair would go back to its normal frizzy state. Hence they weren’t a good option for long term use. Just when I almost gave up and thought that I should learn to live with the frizz, I found this recipe for a DIY hair mask. Initially, I didn’t think that it would work but after regularly using I have to say that it is a game-changer! The best part about it is that you can easily make it with the help of a few things from your kitchen.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup of coconut milk.
- 2 tbsp of honey.
- 1/2 cup of aloe vera gel.
How To Make It:
- To make things simple and quick, it’s best if you use store-bought coconut milk and aloe vera gel. Make sure that they are 100% pure with no other additives.
- After you’ve gathered and measured your ingredients, mix them all together in a large bowl and you’ve got yourself a moisturising and nourishing hair mask.
How To Use It:
- Once all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed, start applying the mixture to your scalp and hair.
- Make sure to cover your hair with the hair mask from its roots to its ends.
- After you’ve applied the mask to your hair, wrap a hot towel around your hair and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes are up, wash your hair with a gentle shampoo.
Why It Works:
- Coconut Milk: This is the star ingredient of this DIY hair mask. Coconut milk is very nourishing and contains many vitamins and essential fatty acids. It easily penetrates into the hair shaft and nourishes the cuticle. Hence it works wonders to reduce frizz.
- Honey: Honey is a natural humectant and has emollient properties. Hence it moisturises your hair and strengthens your hair follicle. It works wonders to stop hair fall and makes your hair grow faster.
- Aloe Vera Gel: Aloe vera is a great hair conditioner, it adds shine and vitality to your hair. It also cleanses your scalp and gets rid of dandruff.
Use this hair mask once a week and get ready to have the best hair of your life!
Follow @missmalinibeauty on Instagram to never miss a beat.