Who doesn’t love reading poetry? Okay, okay, I understand it might not be everyone’s cup of tea. Yet, I do believe that historically it has proven to be a calming and relaxing activity. There’s nothing like brewing a hot cuppa tea and reading, IMHO. So, when I came across my (now) favourite poet Beau Taplin‘s work on Instagram, I couldn’t help but purchase two of his classic works: Bloom and World’s Of You. His poems shed light on some of the most typical everyday situations you might find yourself in, whether it is love, heartbreak, betrayal, friendship, life goals or more. His poems on love, in particular, really moved me. Hence, here are my 20 top picks from his love poems:
1. For When You Know You Have Found ‘The One’
2. For When Heartbreak Is Actually Therapeutic
3. For When You’re Debating A Long Distance Relationship
4. For When Love Should Be The Easiest Thing Ever
5. For When Love Comes When You Least Expect It
6. For When Timing Is A B*tch
7. For When They Are The Only Thing That Matters
8. For Bittersweet Endings
9. For Setting Limits And Being True To Yourself
10. For Betrayals: Because They Always Come From Those You Love
11. For, Sometimes, There Is Good In Goodbye
12. For When It Feels Just Right
13. For Happenstance Is A Real Thing
14. For Those Tiny, Nameless Moments
15. For When You Miss That One Person
16. For When Reminiscing Gets In The Way Of Reality
17. For The One Who Really Matters
18. For When Spiritual Attraction Triumphs Everything Else
19. For When You Wish Them The Best
20. For When The One You Want Is Never The One You End Up With
I truly cannot pick my favourite from these (and trust me, there’s so many more than these). I have to say that poetry has a way of uniting souls and making you realise that, perhaps, you’re not the only one who is going through something.
Let me know in the comments what your favourite love poem is!
Follow @missmalinilifestyle on Instagram for more fun updates.