After so much yo-yoing between actresses, Sanjay Leela Bhansali seems to have finally found his Gujju Juliet. Initially, Kareena Kapoor was supposed to do the film, but that didn’t materialize (either due to contract issues on her part or marriage issues on Bhansali’s). Then, we told you that Priyanka Chopra‘s name was floating around, but Deepika Padukone was very interested in the film and was sending feelers out to Bhansali. Well, it looks like DP won this race!
Bhansali was also considering Katrina Kaif, but her dates didn’t work out. Deepika’s, on the other hand, did – but Mirror claims that only happened after she transferred her dates from the Karan Johar-Ekta Kapoor film (apparently, the script wasn’t ready and it was taking too long to go on floors). Looks like DP’s not one to sit around and wait for one film, she’d rather go out and get another – if you remember, she did something similar for Race 2, where she opted out (and got Ramesh Taurani real mad). As for the fate of the KJo/Ekta film, who knows? Since that was apparently taking too long, they may have to do some date shifting themselves and it’ll all work out for DP still. Guess we’ll have to wait and see!
So what do you think of the Deepika/Ranveer pairing? Let us know!
MissMalini’s Daily Express: http://eepurl.com/
- Get This Look: Deepika Padukone in Alexander McQueen
- Hot or Not? Sonam Kapoor Does Androgyny
- Exclusive: Stylist Josie Paris on What it Takes to Make Women Dented, Painted and Ready
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s Fab in Elie Saab!
- Priyanka Chopra is Part of the Educational Curriculum!
- “Salman Khan’s Advice Has Been Invaluable.” – Katrina Kaif
- Wanna See an Unbelievable Red Carpet Gown from Cannes?
- 7 Things Girls Will NEVER Tell You!
- Vote: Sonam Kapoor’s Red Carpet Looks at Cannes
- Get This Look: Sonam Kapoor In Elie Saab